Tuesday 14 September 2010

Monkeys!

Hey everyone. I hope you are well and happy! We've started back at NAPSCO, and still settling in to the new term. The headmaster has not promoted any of the year levels yet so I haven't been able to start with the new course work. Instead, we've been doing revision, which is hard for me to do since I don't know what to revise... but i'm really happy to be back at the preparatory school.

This weekend, I went, with 11 other volunteers to the Volta region (lake Volta). We stayed at a riverside hotel the first night which was good. It was not a nice river though so there was no swimming. The next day, we went to a monkey sanctuary. This was definitely the highlight for me. The mona monkeys are so attentive and interesting. One even sat on my arm in order the eat a banana I give him! Hahaha, and another volunteer Rob thought it was funny when I went into teacher mode' and told off one monkey for trying to take the banana intended for the other monkey.
The next day we stopped at a beautiful riverside restaurant where we swam and I had a fairly nice cheese sandwich (bluebell cheese, that is...).

Right now, in the internet cafe, its raining and thundering quite heavily so I have plenty of time to spend!
That's all for today - stay well.
Love.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you so much :(
    Just wrote a little something about you on my blog ;)

    Itching for another post!
    x

    ReplyDelete